What is the Mombasa Gate City Master Plan?
What is Mombasa Gate City Master Plan?
The County Government of Mombasa has received development assistance from the Government of Japan through its Agency Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to fund the Mombasa Gate City Master Plan
The proposed Mombasa Gate City Master Plan will integrate all the existing Master Plans of various infrastructures within the city of Mombasa and its surrounding. Infrastructure to be included is urban transport, railway, airport, power, water supply, sewerage, telecommunication and solid waste management.
The preparation process for the master plan will be consultative. All stakeholders will have input in all stages of plan making process.
The purpose of the ,master plan is to provide a guiding framework to manage urban development in Mombasa City County from 2014-2030, integrate all urban development sectors and realize the goals of Kenya Vision 2030 for the city county of Mombasa.
B. Expected Outputs
- Mombasa Gate City Master plan for the period 2014-2030
- An implementation and management program
- Flagship projects in selected priority areas
- Policies, rules and guidelines for local developments
- Technical transfer to the counterparts during the course of the project